Our client is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
They architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Menlo Park (California) with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe.
They focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Our customer, a New York based global media valuation and data collection company with operations in San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Sydney, is working on the bleeding edge of Big Data technology to provide audience and quality of advertisement campaign analytics. We work with 100x TB sized datasets, and real-time processing systems across the world to help our customer collect, store and use their information.
- Participate in design and development of Big Data analytical applications from product vision to implementation.
- Design, support and continuous enhancement of project code base, continuous integration pipeline, etc.
- Investigation and resolution of performance and stability issues in production systems
- Work inside the team of software and DevOps engineers
- Collaboration with global distributed team, corporate and customer’s IT services
- Strong knowledge of Java (collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.)
- Experience with data mining and stream processing technologies (Apache Spark, Storm, Hadoop MR, Kafka)
- Experience with version control systems: Git, Subversion
- Understanding of general OOP and Functional programming concepts
- Desire and ability for quick learning of new tools and technologies
- Good communication skills and technical English
Will be a plus:
- Experience in scripting on Bash and any of Ruby, Python, Perl
- Network protocols knowledge (TCP/IP, SSH, HTTP & etc)
- General knowledge of Linux kernel and hardware architecture
- Knowledge of public clouds (Amazon, Google CE or other)
- Monitoring systems (Ganglia, Graphite, Zabbix)
- CI servers configuration (Hudson/Jenkins, Cruise Control)
- Programming experience with Scala
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Work on bleeding-edge projects within grid computing and distributed computing with a highly motivated and dedicated team of developers and testers
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance, benefits program, attractive social compensation package
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Short travels (a few weeks) to New York may be required