Our client is the industry’s only company exclusively focused on Java and the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), builds fully supported, standards-compliant runtimes that help enable Java-based businesses.
- great opportunity to start engineering career in a hi-tech international company;
- work on a huge complex product in a global highly professional team of experts;
- work on an industry-leading JVM (Zing) with high visibility and impact on the industry;
- flexible hours, part time employment based on education needs.
- debug and fix quality and performance problems in the JVM;
- apply and adopt fixes from OpenJDK;
- use scripting languages to automate routine tasks;
- participate in code reviews;
- learn and grow as a software engineer.
- being a university student of year 3 and above;
- good knowledge of C++;
- good knowledge of Java;
- understanding of OOP principles, design patterns;
- understanding of basic Computer Science concepts (data structures and algorithms);
- sufficient English for frequent written communication and occasional online meetings;
- ability to quickly learn new technical areas and large source code bases;
- ability to work in a global team.
- familiarity with source control systems;
- familiarity with Operational Systems concepts (processes and threads, memory management, concurrency and synchronization etc.);
- experience with shell scripting, make and installers is a plus.