Our client is the industry’s only company exclusively focused on Java and the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), builds fully supported, standards-compliant runtimes that help enable Java-based businesses.
- debug and correct quality and performance problems in the JVM;
- maintain project source repositories, apply and adopt fixes from main OpenJDK repositories;
- design and implement new product features;
- work on scheduled product updates.
- proficiency in C++;
- solid knowledge of Java;
- good understanding of JVM design and internals;
- proficiency in debugging both managed and native code, locally and remotely;
- understanding of basic Computer Science concepts (data structures and algorithms);
- familiarity with source control systems;
- minimum BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent, plus 3 years of relevant work experience;
- intermediate level in English, ability to efficiently participate in online communication in English;
- Ability to work in a global team.
- good knowledge of key Operational Systems concepts (processes and threads, memory management, concurrency and synchronization etc.);
- good understanding of Linux internals;
- experience with shell scripting, make and installers is a plus.
- Work on an industry-leading JVM (Zing) with high visibility and impact on the industry;
- Work in a global highly professional team of JVM experts;
- Flexible hours;
- Competitive compensation.
- Benefits package: family medical insurance, parking spot, coffee and snacks, etc.