About our client HDS:
HDS is a grocery and general merchandise delivery service. It’s powered by RoboFS — the autonomous robotic fulfilment system that integrates intelligent vision and robots in a way that dramatically advances supply chain capabilities while significantly reducing labor and fulfilment costs.
HDS is led by a top-tier team with an impressive track record and backed by prominent investors (see HDSGlobal.com) and industry leaders (see our partnerships with Ingram Micro and Toyota).
We are seeking seasoned software engineering professionals to join our team to build the first software defined end-to-end, automated fulfilment system. Be a leader as the materials handling industry transforms from mechanical to robotic and software-defined. This is a rare opportunity to get in early and help as we hone our final designs and create our first prototype.
- Be one of the first developers of the core platform that provides capabilities for other systems (robotics controls, predictive analytics, security, storage, etc.)
- Perform R&D activities
- Bridge the gap between high-level architecture and the detailed solutions design
- Providing mentoring and guidance through code reviews, design reviews, best practices
- You’re obsessed with creating scalable applications using Java
- You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed and documented
- Peer code reviews are your preferred way to collaborate and learn the system You proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
- You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing using Agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud environments (Azure, GCP)
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures, distributed systems, high-availability systems
- REST API development
- Experience with Kafka
- Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale
- BS/MS CS or equivalent qualitative degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with JAX-RS (Jersey)
- Experience with Service mesh (Istio)
You will find:
- Working in an international team.
- The ability to stand at the origins of a promising project and influence what is happening.
- Benefits, including insurance with optional dental care.
- Flexible working hours.
- Comfortable office close to metro “Комендантский проспект ”
- Office tea, coffee and snacks.
- A partial compensation costs for fitness.
- Possible business trips to USA
Senior Java Engineer